Before choosing a Field Service Management (FSM) solution and implementing it in an organisation, you need to follow certain steps. Here are 10 tips that may be the key to success.
Changing a FSM solution or using one for the first time requires a major study so that the changes implemented in the organisation are successful.
We propose ten ideas that will surely help you during the selection process.
1. Prepare a checklist with your requirements and learn about the functions that come with the solution.
2. Have you made sure that your mobility requirements will be covered? Choose a solution that contemplates mobility as a core element of its strategy; tools that work in real time and optimise your work and deliver instant results wherever you are.
3. The information the tool provides is paramount. See your consultant to make sure that your tool and its implementation will provide the necessary information and that the dashboards meet your analytical requirements.
4. Align your goals as an organisation with those of the solution, informing the supplier of those goals throughout every phase of the implementation process. This will make it easier to optimise your processes, which is the ultimate purpose of the solution.
5. Set a realistic budget when embarking on the project. We recommend taking a good look at pricing policies and at your requirements, and don’t hesitate to ask about the costs for the services, the licence, additional modules, configuration, maintenance, updates, help, hours bank…
6. Compare the costs of the solution with the benefits it will eventually provide. If a solution has been well designed, the benefits tend to be huge.
7. Has your FSM solution been adapted or can it be adapted to the specific needs of your industry and business? Certain organisations and industries require special features or solutions that adapt to their procedures. Consequently, being aware of our needs and ensuring that the solution we are planning to implement can cover them will prevent problems in the future. If there are references from other companies in our sector or similarities with other organisations that use the solution, requesting them can provide some tips.
8. If the changes required go a little further, and the solution needs to be customised beyond the typical configuration options, you must take this into account from the beginning. Keep this in mind when studying the costs and deadlines. Specifying all this from the beginning will expedite the process and improve the results.
9. Find out about after-sales processes, and, more specifically, about configuration details, the installation of the users’ machines, the version updating processes, training… All this is vital to the success of your project and it is, therefore, essential to confirm all this before the beginning of the after-sales phase. Of course, this requires a significant level of involvement.
10. Find out about the best channels of contact to reach your provider and the best contact people in their team. Communication must be flowing, friendly and trusting. If necessary, reach agreements on timetables that best adapt to you to make the process more productive and easier. And don’t forget to check the SLA (Service Level Agreement).
We believe that everything mentioned above will help you make the right choice regarding your project to transform and optimise your field service business.
Task4work is our 100% cloud-based FSM solution that can cover all your needs, improve customer satisfaction levels, and reduce operating costs. And, if there is one thing we can boast about, it is that our cost structure is as transparent as can be. Would you like to try it without obligation?